Pioneer 90.1 “Weekly Arts Calendar” June 18th through June 21st , 2015
• Friday, June 19th, a performance of “Beauty and The Beast” will be performed by the Prairie Fire Children’s Theatre. Curtain time is 7:00 pm, at the Tri County School in Karlstad, MN.
• This Saturday afternoon, June 20th is the 8th Annual Art and Wine Walk in downtown East Grand Forks and Grand Forks. The adult event will be held from 1 to 5 pm.
• A free movie is being shown at the Grand Forks Public Library on Saturday, June 20th beginning at 2:00 pm. The movie is: Strange Magic, rated PG. The public is welcome to attend.
• The Northwest Minnesota Arts Council is hosting a writer’s workshop at the Campbell Public Library of East Grand Forks on Saturday, June 20th. The workshop begins at 10:00 am and features many authors from across Minnesota. A reception for the authors will also be held on Saturday afternoon, beginning at 1:00 pm at the RiverWalk Artists Gallery and Shop in downtown East Grand Forks. The public is welcome to attend.
• The annual “Polish Day” celebration is Sunday, June 21st in Florian, MN – east of Stephen, MN. The day begins with a Polka Mass at 10:30am. Scheduled events include a traditional Polish Dinner, Polish dancers and many other events throughout the afternoon.
• The Turtle River State Park – west of Grand Forks – is hosting a nature walk on Sunday morning, June 21st from 10 to 11:30 am. The program is free, however all vehicles entering the park will require either a $5.00 daily vehicle pass or an annual pass of $25.00.
• The Grand Forks Parks department will be showing a free outdoor movie on Wednesday, June 24th. The movie, “Malificent” starts at sunset in University Park, near UND.
• “Cinderella: A Musical Performance” will be on stage at the Empire Arts Center in downtown Grand Forks on Friday, June 26th. Curtain time is 7:00 pm.
• The 120th Norman County Fair runs June 24th through the 27th in Ada, MN.