Pioneer 90.1 Arts Calendar for Thursday, October 16th through Sunday, October 19th, 2014
• Winner of the 2005 Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award, the stage production of “Doubt: A Parable” will be presented Friday, October 17th and Saturday, October 18th at the Empire Arts Center of downtown Grand Forks. Show times each evening are 7:30.
• An “Art and Wine” walk will be held Saturday, October 18th in downtown East Grand Forks and Grand Forks from 1 until 4:30 pm. There is also an artist’s reception this weekend at the Northwest Minnesota Arts Council’s “Art Gallery at the River Walk Center in downtown East Grand Forks, from 1pm to 5pm during the Grand Cities Art and Wine Walk.
• A free movie is being shown at the Grand Forks Public Library on Saturday, October 18th at 2:00 pm. The movie is: “Mr. Peabody and Sherman.”
• The “Mother Goose Storybook Theater” continues at the Fire Hall Theater in downtown Grand Forks this Saturday afternoon at 2:00 pm. The fun-filled event requires registration and is part of a six-week session for children, ages 3 until 6.
• The “Applefest” is Saturday the 18th in Alexandria, Minnesota – with catapult demonstrations, a quilt show and auction, horse drawn wagon rides, pumpkin carving by a master carver, kids pie eating contests, bungee and trampoline rides.
• There’s also an “Apple Festival” in Hastings, Minnesota on Saturday and Sunday.
• Singer Richard Colson Baker better known by his stage name Machine Gun Kelly (or MGK for short), will appear onstage at the Sanford Center in Bemidji, on Tuesday, October 21st at 8:00 pm.
• Singer Amy Grant will perform onstage at the Sanford Center in Bemidji on Wednesday, October 22nd. Show time is 7:00 pm.