Pioneer 90.1 “Arts Calendar” April 30th through May 3rd, 2015
PIONEER 90.1 FM
“Weekly Arts Calendar”
Thursday, April 30th through Sunday, May 3rd
• Sunday, May 3rd a fund-raiser benefit auction called “Repair the Fair” will begin at 12 Noon at the Marshall County Fairgrounds in Warren, MN.
• The University of Minnesota – Crookston (UMC) Music and Theater Program will present a dinner theater production on Friday, May 1st, featuring the comedy “The Complete Works of Shakespeare: Abridged” in Bede Ballroom, Sargeant Student Center at UMC. Dinner will be served at 6:15 p.m. followed by the performance at 7 p.m. Information at 218-281-8266.
• The Empire Arts Center of Grand Forks will host a Dinner & Dance, on Saturday, May 2, at the Alerus Center. This event will feature the James Gerard Orchestra, an 11-member big dance band from Philadelphia, PA, known for their performance at the Home States Inaugural Ball in 2009 and the 2014 Empire Dinner & Dance. Social hour at 6 and Dinner at 7:00 pm. Information at 701-746-5500.
• The Riverside Christian School of East Grand Forks will host their 5th Annual “Dinner Theater” on Saturday, May 2nd at the school. Tickets are 25-dollars and include a prime rib meal. Information at 773-1770.
• The “Fancy Nancy Tea Party” will be held on Saturday, May 2nd at the Campbell Public Library of East Grand Forks. The free event is for children ages 4 through 8, and will be held twice on Saturday – at 10:00 am and again at 1:00 pm. Reservation space is required. Information at 773-9121.
• The Badger, MN High School Spring Concert is Wednesday, May 6th, beginning at 7:00pm.
• Volbeat and Anthrax will be onstage at the Ralph Engelstad Arena in Grand Forks on Thursday, May 7th. Performance time is 7:00 pm.
• Country music “Entertainer of the Year” Luke Bryan will perform on stage at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks on Friday, May 8th, with one performance at 8:00 pm.