Weekly Arts Calendar 08/14/14-08/17/14
• Viking, Minnesota’s “Good Old Days” are scheduled for this weekend, August 15th, 16th and 17th. Events include a free outdoor movie Friday evening – “The Love Bug” beginning at 8:30 with free “S’mores” and popcorn. Saturday’s events include a parade at 10, a 5k run, thrashing and blacksmith demonstrations, a parade at 10, live music and a volunteer fire department supper – and Sunday there’s a corn feed.
• The “Artist Unlimited Art Show” continues at the Kittson County Museum in Lake Bronson, Minnesota through August.
• “Heritage Days” are this weekend in East Grand Forks, August 14th, 15th and 16th. Live music Friday evening. Saturday’s events include a Petting Zoo, Saw Mill, Antique Tractors & Machinery, Broom Making, Log Barn & Granary, display, Sons of Norway Viking Ship display, and railroad exhibits from the Northern Lights Railroad Museum and live music including North Country Fiddle and Dance.
• And “Ox Cart Days” are in Crookston this weekend, through Sunday, August 17th. Friday and Saturday, the Crookston Community Theater presents “Goldilocks and the Three Pigs” at the University of Minnesota campus. Also on Friday a beauty pageant, rib fest and Teen Dance. Saturday’s events include live music – the “American Roots Revue”, Classic Car and Torchlight Parade and Fireworks at 10:00 pm. Sunday afternoon there’s a concert by the group “Six Appeal.”
• The next “Art and Wine Walk” will be held on Saturday, August 16th in downtown East Grand Forks and Grand Forks. The event runs from 1 to 5 pm.
• Monday afternoon, August 18th, auditions will be held for “Beauty and the Beast” – a production of the Prairie Fire Children’s Theater. Auditions will be held in the Roseau School Theater.