Arts Calendar 06/18-06/22/14
• Roseau’s “Scandinavian Festival” is Friday, June 20th and Saturday, June 21st. Events include the “Wilcox family Fiddlers” at 7 pm Friday at the Roseau School Theater. Saturday, there’s a full day of activities including a pancake breakfast from 8 until 10 at the Four Seasons Center. Artists, crafters and vendors will be in and around the Roseau City Center all day. A story called the “Immigrants Tale” will be given by Ole Oleson and Roger Hellsveg at the library…“Music on the Patio” starts at 11 am, featuring Willow Creek, Jody Kirkeide, the Lubben Brothers and the Overtones. And a “Scandinavian Smorgasbord” will be served Saturday evening from 5 until 7 pm at the Roseau City Center.
• The 8th season of the summer Art & Wine Walk, co-sponsored by the Downtown Development Association and the North Valley Arts Council, is Saturday, June 21st. This annual adult event is held in the downtown areas of Grand Forks and East Grand Forks. The two starting locations are the Guest House Town House hotel in Grand Forks and the Blue Moose Bar & Grill in East Grand Forks.
• Fisher’s Landing Day is Saturday, June 21st in Fisher, Minnesota. The day starts off with a pancake breakfast at Fisher Lutheran Church. The gate will open at noon with a medallion hunt; Piles of Smiles face painting & balloon artistry, carnival games, and a petting zoo and the “corn hole” tournament is back for a second year! The “Downtown Horns” will provide music from 8:00pm until 1:00am. Admissions for Fisher’s Landing Day are five dollars and children 5 and under are free.
• “Polish Day” is being celebrated in Florian, Minnesota this Sunday, June 22nd. Events include a “Polka Mass” at the Assumption Church at 10:30, featuring the Kathy Erickson Band. Other activities include a polish dinner from 11:30 until 1, polish dancers, music from the Chmielewski Fun Time Band, a clown and conversation. Polish Day is this Sunday in Florian.
• Minnesota singer “Barbara Jean” will perform next Tuesday evening, June 24th at the North Dakota Museum of Art (NDMOA) in Grand Forks. It’s the first in their 2014 “Concert in the Garden” series. An evening meal will be available before the concert. For information – ndmoa.com or 701-777-4195.