Pioneer 90.1 “Weekly Arts Calendar” June 11th through June 14th
PIONEER 90.1 FM
“Weekly Arts Calendar”
Thursday, June 11th through Sunday, June 14th
• Kick’n up Kountry runs through Saturday, June 13th in Karlstad, MN. Featured on stage will be country music legends and other top name performers.
• Saturday, June 13th is the first annual “Art Festival” in Roseau, MN from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm in the Roseau City Center. Also featured will be “Another Man’s Treasure II/Junk Event”, that’s at the Roseau County Fairgrounds from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. A “Farmers Market” will also be available from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm in Roseau.
• The Minnesota Historical Society will open an exhibition on Monday, June 15th at the Kittson County Museum in Lake Bronson, MN. The exhibit is called “Uncle Sam’s New Deal” And will be open to the public through July 19th. Exhibition hours are Monday through Friday from 9 to 5 and weekends from 1pm to 5pm.
• A “Homeless Veterans Art Exhibit” is now open at the Stephen Community Center in Stephen, MN. Hours are from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm, Friday, Saturday and Sunday – June 12th, 13th and 14th. The art exhibit is sponsored by the Veterans Resource Group. The event is free, however donations will be accepted.
• National “Get Outdoors Day” is being observed at the Lake Bronson State Park in northwest Minnesota. FREE Admission is Saturday, June 13th to all MN State Parks. Goodies will be served at the visitor center from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm at Lake Bronson State Park, Lake Bronson, MN.
• Final performances of the “Dixie Swim Club” are this weekend at the Fire Hall Theater in downtown Grand Forks. Curtain time is 7:00 pm Friday and Saturday.
• The 2015 “Grand Cities Art Fest” is this Saturday and Sunday, June 13th and 14th in downtown Grand Forks. Over 120 quality artists and crafters will be involved in this year’s event.
• Irving Berlin’s “Annie Get Your Gun” is on-stage at the Empire Arts Center in downtown Grand Forks, on Friday, June 12th. Performance time is 7:00 pm.
• There’s an open house this weekend – on Saturday – at the Split Rock Lighthouse on the shores of Lake Superior, at Two Harbors, MN.