Pioneer 90.1 Arts Calendar for 2-26-15 through 3-1-15
• “Family Day” is this Saturday, February 28th from 10 am until 12 noon at the North Dakota Museum of Art – based on the UND campus in Grand Forks. Family Day is two hours of discovering and creating art…. for children, parents, care-givers, grandmas and grandpas. The event is free this Saturday at the NDMOA.
• A program called “Warrior Words II”, first-hand stories from the perspective of those who have served their country in the military, will be read at the Fire Hall Theater in downtown Grand Forks this Sunday, March 1st, beginning at 2:00 pm. Along with readings and conversation, coffee and pie will be served. More information at – email@example.com.
• The Greater Grand Forks Symphony Orchestra will perform this weekend, Saturday, February 28th at 7:30pm at the Empire Arts Center in downtown Grand Forks. In keeping with the orchestra’s season-long emphasis on Scandinavian music, the concert will feature Nordic Moods – a Feast of Scandinavian Music” and features the U.S. premiere of Grand Forks’ native Matthew Peterson’s “Hyperborea.”
• “Spank – The Fifties Shades Parody” will be performed on stage at the Chester Fritz Auditorium in Grand Forks, on the UND campus, on Friday, February 27th. Curtain time is 7:30 pm.
• The Last Potluck Supper: The Church Basement Ladies – will performed at the Chester Fritz Auditorium on Sunday, March 1st. Curtain time is 3:00 pm.
• Memphis: The Musical will be onstage at the Chester Fritz Auditorium on Tuesday, March 3rd. Curtain time is 7:30 pm.
• Grand Forks Central High School presents “The Music Man”, March 5th, 6th and 7th. Curtain time is 7:00 pm, next Thursday, Friday and Saturday at Grand Forks Central High School.
• Dance to music from the 20s, 30s, and 40s at the “Spring Swing Fling” featuring the University of Minnesota – Crookston C Jazz Band, on Saturday, March 7th at 7:00 pm in Bede Ballroom, on the UMC campus. The event is free and open to the public.