Pioneer 90.1 Weekly Arts Calendar” for (3-16-17 through 3-19-17)
• Friday, March 17th – Two art exhibitions continue their run at the North Dakota Museum of Art (NDMOA) in Grand Forks. The exhibitions are “American Nile” – the story of migrant workers and their families in the Red River Valley – and “Snow Country Prison” – pictures of the internment camp near Mandan, ND. Upcoming at the NDMOA is “Family Day” on Saturday, March 25th. It runs from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon for children and their caregivers. Fun Day allows children to create art is free of charge. The NDMOA is on the University of North Dakota campus in Grand Forks.
• Saturday, March 18th – The musical group “Anda Union” will perform at Lincoln High School in Thief River Falls. Showtime is 7:00 pm. Anda Union is from Inner Mongolia in north China. Tickets are 5-dollars.
• Saturday, March 18th – A free movie will be shown at the Grand Forks Public Library beginning at 2:00 pm. The movie is “Moana.”
• Tuesday, March 21st through Thursday, March 23rd – The 24th Annual “ArtWise” elementary art show will be held, with over 3-thousand works of art from area children. The event runs from 4 until 8 each evening at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks.
• Thursday, March 23rd through Sunday, March 26th – The Greater Grand Forks Community Theater present “Leading Ladies”, a comedy by Ken Ludwig. Curtain time Thursday through Saturday is 7:30 pm with a 2:00 pm matinee on Sunday, March 26th at the Fire Hall Theater in downtown Grand Forks. More information at 701-746-0847.