Arts Calendar 04/24/-04/27/14
April 24th through April 27th
• A dinner theatre “The “Last Supper” will be performed on Saturday April 26th and Sunday April 27th in Lancaster, Minnesota. Performance times are 6 pm; for more information, 218-762-5891.
• The Greater Grand Forks Community Theater production of “Last of the Boys” completes its run this weekend at the Fire Hall Theater in downtown Grand Forks. Performance times on Friday, April 25th and Saturday, April 26th are 7:30. The Sunday matinee on the 27th begins at 2:00pm at the Fire Hall Theater in downtown Grand Forks.
• The Empire Arts Center will have an art deco inspired Dinner & Dance on Saturday, April 26th at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks. This event will feature the world-class James Gerard Orchestra, an 11-member big dance band from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The dinner and dance begins at 6:00pm.
• The Annual Spring Art Exhibit, sponsored by the Northwest Minnesota Arts Council wraps up this weekend in Middle River, Minnesota. The public is welcome to view many displays of art work from many mediums. The exhibit is open Friday Saturday and Sunday, April 25th through the 27th and can be viewed at the Middle River Community Center and American Legion. A reception for three outstanding art supporters will be held Sunday evening.
• The 2nd Annual “LUNAFEST” in Fargo will be held Thursday, April 24th at the historic Fargo Theatre. The evening begins with a Social & Silent Auction at 6pm. Films begin at 7 pm.
• Dr. Alejandro Drago, UND Violin Professor will perform at Trinity Lutheran Church in Thief River Falls, Minnesota on Sunday, April 27th at 3:00 pm. Donations accepted at the Door.
• The North Dakota Museum of Art presents the Myhra Classical Music Series finale, performed by the “Cecilia String Quartet” of Toronto Canada, this Sunday afternoon at 2, April 27th at the NDMOA on the UND campus.
• The Bemidji Symphony Orchestra, celebrating its 75th anniversary, presents “Stirring Celebrations!” The Bemidji Symphony Orchestra anniversary performance will be held at the Sanford Center in Bemidji on Sunday, May 4th.