PIONEER 90.1 FM
“Weekly Arts Calendar”
Thursday, June 29th through Sunday, July 2nd
• Saturday, July 1st from 10:30 until 12 noon it’s “Play Day” at Fire Hall Theatre. Children, age’s 5 through12 can play theatre games and experience other activities. More information and required RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Also on Saturday July 1st at 1 p.m., a free walking tour around historic downtown Grand Forks will be held. Your guide is Captain Alexander Griggs (Greg Jones). Downtown GF has a number of pre-1900 buildings, and you’ll learn all about them. Meet Captain Griggs at 1 pm in front of the paddlewheel at Town Square. (Walk is approx. 1 hour.) Supported by the Grand Forks Convention and Visitors Bureau and the City of Grand Forks.
• The Polk County Fair in Fertile, MN and the Kittson County Fair in Hallock, MN kick off next Wednesday, July 5th and run through Sunday, July 9th. New at the Polk County Fair is a large livestock building housing horses, cattle, sheep pigs, poultry and more.
• The comedy “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” is on stage at the Empire Arts Center in downtown Grand Forks.
• A program called “Warroad Sings” will be held on Sunday, July 2nd at 3pm Warroad Community Park Pavilion Music. Everyone is welcome.
• Coming up on July 13th it’s “Gazebo Concert Night “ in Roseau, MN from 6:30 to 8pm. The featured performer is Gabbie June.